Founded in 1985, Preservation Texas provides a statewide voice and serves as a statewide resource for Texans who seek to protect our state’s cultural and historic resources. As a private non-profit organization, we do not receive government funding and we rely on the support of our members to fulfill our mission.
You can also download a PDF version of the membership
form to fill out and mail with a check.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.
- Engage at the local level in support of endangered historic places;
- Deliver timely advocacy on critical preservation issues;
- Provide educational programming that empowers members to be stewards and protectors of our state’s cultural heritage; and
- Identify and recognize outstanding preservation projects and initiatives through our biennial Honor Awards
As a member, you will have opportunities to:
- Participate in our regional and statewide programming;
- Learn about preservation activities across the state through our member e-mails and publications;
- Provide input and direction to our activities through member surveys and outreach;
- Participate in our programs by volunteering for a committee; and
- Enjoy member discounts on select events, services, and PT publications and merchandise.
Our membership categories are as follows:
- Individual membership: $40 includes our I brake for old buildings bumper sticker.
- Household membership: $75 also includes our PT tote bag
- Local government/Nonprofit organization: $100 also includes discounts for up to two employees
- Small Business: $250 also includes listing in our Preservation Resource Directory
- Patron: $500 also includes a complimentary book on Texas architecture or history*
*Book availability varies. We will contact you with specific options upon receipt of your Patron membership dues.