Atlanta Miller Grade School
200 W Miller St, Atlanta, TX 75551
The Atlanta Miller Grade School was a Works Progress Administration project taking 120 days to complete. Hardy Brothers of Texarkana began construction of the one-story, six-room building of locally made brick in 1936.
As the community grew, rooms were added over the years. Between 1975 and 1980, the Miller Grade School became the Atlanta Multi-Purpose Center and was put to good use until 1990. From 1990 to 2000, the school was used as a storehouse, receiving no maintenance. Water damage and neglect to regular maintenance threatens this school building, like many in small rural Texas towns. Many Atlanta Miller Grade School former students and supporters have incorporated into a 501c3 and launched the first phase of alumni fundraising in cities around Texas. They also have made emergency repairs to prevent additional water infiltration and damage.