Posts Categorized: Most Endangered

Duval County Courthouse, 1916

Posted by & filed under .

The Duval County Courthouse 400 E. Gravis Ave., San Diego, Duval County 2011 Most Endangered List The Duval County Courthouse is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2011 list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places,... More »

Grota Homestead Neighborhood, 1890’s

Posted by & filed under .

Grota Homestead Neighborhood Houston, Harris County 2006 Most Endangered List Grota Homestead Neighborhood in Harris County is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2006 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places, it is designated as a... More »

John S. Harrison House, 1852

Posted by & filed under .

The John S. Harrison House 14997 Evans Rd. Selma, Bexar County 2006 Most Endangered List The John S. Harrison House in Bexar County is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2006 list of Texas’Most Endangered... More »

Kaufman County Poor Farm, 1883

Posted by & filed under .

The Kaufman County Poor Farm Texas Highway 34 and FM 1388, Kaufman, Kaufman County 2012 Most Endangered List The Kaufman County Poor Farm is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2012 list of Texas’ Most... More »

Port of El Copano, 1722

Posted by & filed under .

The port of El Copano Near Bayside, Refugio County 2008 Most Endangered List The port of El Copano in Refugio County is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2008 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places,... More »

Sanderson Railroad Depot, 1883 – DEMOLISHED

Posted by & filed under .

The Sanderson Railroad Depot Sanderson, Terrell County 2005 Most Endangered List AUSTIN, TEXAS…The Sanderson Railroad Depot in Terrell County is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named the to the 2005 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places, it... More »

Statler Hilton Hotel, 1956 – SAVED!

Posted by & filed under .

The Statler Hilton Hotel 1914 Commerce Street, Dallas, Dallas County 2008 Most Endangered List The Statler Hilton Hotel in Dallas is one of 12 sites that Preservation Texas, Inc. has named to its tenth anniversary retrospective list of Texas’ Most Endangered Historic Places. Originally named to the 2008 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places, it... More »

Texas Capitol View Corridors

Posted by & filed under .

The Texas Capitol View Corridors Austin, Travis County 2007 Most Endangered List Originally named to the 2007 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places, the view corridors are designated as saved on the 2013 list. Preservation Texas officials announced the selections on the steps of the Texas State Capitol on Preservation Day, February 20. The annual... More »

Texas State Railroad, 1896

Posted by & filed under .

The Texas State Railroad Palestine and Rusk Rusk, Anderson and Cherokee Counties 2007 Most Endangered List Originally named to the 2007 list of Texas’Most Endangered Historic Places, the railroad is designated as saved on the 2013 list. “The 2013 list provides a retrospective for us,” said Charlene Orr, president of Preservation Texas, Inc., a statewide... More »

Union Missionary Baptist Church – SAVED!

Posted by & filed under .

Union Missionary Baptist Church SAVED! 520 Houston St, Jefferson, TX 75657 The Union Missionary Baptist Church sits on Houston Street in historic Jefferson, the location of a church since 1842. The first structure was erected on the site in 1847 and the formal congregation of the Union Missionary Baptist Church was established in 1868. The... More »