As the advocate for preserving the historic resources of Texas, Preservation Texas (PT) will support other like-minded organizations and, in some cases, individuals who are in the midst of an advocacy or preservation challenge. As a statewide organization, PT can more effectively intervene if the challenge meets certain criteria that align with PT’s mission.
If you are requesting either a letter of support or active participation, please provide answers the following questions:
- Are you a PT member? Click here to join now.
- Does the issue relate to one of our 2017 Texas Legislative Session Advocacy Priorities?
- If the challenge is property-related, is the site on the Texas’ Most Endangered Places list? If yes, what year was it designated?
- If the challenge is property-related, did the project earn a PT Honor Award? If yes, when and for what?
- If the challenge is property-related, is the site designated a historical or archeological landmark? Please list all designations and indicate if a determination of eligibility for listing on the National Register of Historic Places has been made.
- Do you support – or are you a part of – a local preservation nonprofit or County Historical Commission?
- What type of support are you requesting?
- Do you own the property? If not, who does?
- Is this an emergency?
- Do you have a plan of action to reach your desired outcome?
Requests for intervention or endorsement should be sent via e-mail to the PT Office.
Preservation Texas’s support for requests is strictly at the discretion of the Advocacy Committee and the PT Board of Directors.